Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Beginnings ~ Flying Sisters Blog Hop January 2013


I am so happy that I get to take part in the Flying Sisters Blog Hop on the third Thursday of every month!  At the end of this post you will be given the link to another wonderful blog post by another creative friend of mine, then at the end of hers will be another link, then at the end of hers.... and so on... until you get all the way back to my blog!  We all blog on the same topic...  It is a Blog Circle.  

This months topic is: "New Beginnings"  


New Beginnings!
Simplification ~ Appreciation ~ Creativity ~ Laughter ~ Organization ~ Balance ~ Love 

This year for me is truly a new beginning!  More so than any other time really.  This new beginning is there for me to define.  For me it is a time to REALLY de~clutter, simplify our household organizational systems, and build a present and a future that pays attention to the practical AND the magical aspects of a creative life.  When I meet my practical simplified responsibilities, I can then "play" and build my creative present and future.  New beginnings for me and so many of my creative friends will be about BALANCE.

Rather than define it for you for a lengthy time... I am going to spend that time organizing our office papers.  I will also continue carving out my little artist's creative space.  : )  

Before that I have to report on a SIMPLE Artist Date (as found in book The Artist's Way) that I had recently after an appointment.  I was across town and remembered there was a little Art Store right near there.  I stopped in and LOVED WHAT I FOUND... I recently was not able to get the ENTIRE ZILLION DOLLAR set of a bazillion Caran d'Ache Neocolor Artists' Crayons 

...but at this lovely little art store they sold them individually and I was able to get THESE few Caran d'Ache Neocolor Artists' Crayons in my favorite colors... it was like picking flowers in a field.  Here is to the simple things in life!!!!!:

Please hop on over to my lovely flying sister's awesome blog to find out more about 
New Beginnings:
Meet my friend Monika Marshall
 and read her 
New Beginnings post
 with the title

Facebook is fun! ~ Poemify Me by Karrlin Bain

14 comments:

  1. Karrlin , a great post and lots of briliant ideas for a new beginnings. Declutter and simplify are my two big goals for these year as well. Hope to see a more creative and simple 'Karrlin' at the end of this year. Naz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naz! I sure hope I can really make a GIANT differenct... I SO VERY BADLY want my home to reflect a NEW beginning!!!! <3 Hugs! ~Karrlin

      Delete
  2. Dear Karrlin, I'm so excited for you that you found the Neocolor crayons as singles. I found a store that sells them the same way and remember sitting on the floor in there one day very carefully hand picking the best ones... it was like picking flowers in a beautiful field. : ) I know you will create lots of beautiful treasures and can't wait to see them! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathie! I am so happy you are my Flying Friend!!! : ) <3 Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Oh and you picked such lovely colors too! It is so very fun to get new artist supplies. I was able to purchase some new oil colors and brushes last week and look forward to having time to use them...well...maybe after I get my taxes done (grrrrr) That is always such a chore. I guess I better get to it then maybe I can Delight in some oil painting.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Karrlin! Thank you for being such an amazing part of our blog circle :) Those crayons are awesome...good for you for making time to nurture yourself and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .. it was like picking flowers in a field" what a lovely visual. I jsut picked myself up some of these crayons too from my local store. So many colors to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic surprise to find those beautiful crayons in your favorite colors. It was meant to be!! How wonderful!

    And - totally understanding what you said about balance. Something I'm struggling with at the moment!

    <3 Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are these the watercolor crayons? So happy your date went well! Looking forward to your art made with these :)
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I these watercolor crayons will change our creative lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you do to organize and simplify. I am a firm believer that creativity flourishes in uncluttered surroundings. I have to WORK to clean up after myself EVERY TIME I work in my "studio". It is then so inviting to come back. Love the crayons... and I like your idea of buying only a few at a time of your favs. I may just do that since they are on my "wish list".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Practical and magical... that sounds about right! Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes...simplify! That seems to be a theme for many of us this year and the search for balance seems to be the theme of my entire life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post Karrlin. Balance is so important and yet can be so illusive, I think de-clutter and simplify is a great way to find it.
    Love the Caran D'Ache crayons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments!
; )
Have a blessed day!
Karrlin