Monday, October 29, 2012

I GOT A SURPISE IN THE MAIL!!! ~ Heart Like Mine ~ Carry On, Warrior & The Mermaid of Brooklyn ~ Book Review and General Excitement by Karrlin Bain

Life is SO MUCH FUN thanks to fabulous people!!!!

Do you remember how I was contacted directly on my Poemify Me facebook page by  Howard Books - Simon & Schuster and their super fun site called Something to Read About: The S&S Book ClubWell if not... here is the cool story.....                    
Click this link to get the original story about 
 (click link for book site)
by Laura Schroff & Alex Tresniowski

I was SO VERY EXCITED that I could not stop posting about it!!!  
I posted on my Karrlin Bain facebook page...
and I posted on my Poemify Me facebook page....
and I posted here on my Poemify Me Blog Bookify Me Page...
then I pasted the posts all over the place..... post post post.... ; )

 I was SO EXCITED AND POSTED SO MUCH ABOUT MY HAPPINESS that......
SOMETHING EVEN MORE  WONDERFUL HAPPENED the very next day!!!!!.........

Howard Books - Simon & Schuster and their super fun site called Something to Read About: The S&S Book Club contacted me AGAIN!  They let me know that because I was so enthusiastic and overflowing with EXTREME JOY (my words, not theirs) they had sent me...
MORE BOOKS IN THE MAIL THAT VERY DAY!!!
Well, as you can guess, 
I nearly fell off my computer chair!!!!

This is what showed up on my porch......
Super Cool Super Cool  Super Cool Super Cool Super

CLICKY LINK:
The Mermaid of Brooklyn
by Amy Shearn

I have just started to read this book.  So far I am very intrigued!  
Amy Shearn's spot on descriptions of this character relating to her two young children brings back exact memories of the days I was caring for my two young ones... (sleep anyone?????) 

There is extreme mystery in the making and I can't wait to see where this is going.... 


I just have to say that she also describes uncertainty about husbands whereabouts very well... basically (in my quick summary words) ~ "he's late... I'm afraid something happened to him... and I'm going to kill him for not calling..."  These are very confusing (and real) feelings to have going on all at the same time.  I have been there.  During a couple of hours of worrying you can actually mourn and be very mad all at the same time.  (By the way my husband is fine ~ and I am JUST at the point in the book where SHE is feeling this so I am not spoiler alerting and I have NO IDEA where her husband is......)


CLICKY LINK:  Carry On, Warrior ~ Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Melton

I did not read this book yet but am so very excited to have it in my tight grips!!!  This is the kind of book that I am more powerful just for the carrying of it in my (very large) purse!  Wait!!!  I did read the foreword or something in the very beginning... about a conversation between the author and her mother... 

This conversation on its own is even freeing.  It actually reminds me of a conversation that I have been able to have with my mother.  It shows me that we as women will always put other's (especially our daughters) before ourselves in a way that is just mature and freeing.  It made me even more excited than the front cover, table of contents, and back cover had been able to do on their own... and that was already pretty excited!!

     

Okay... well... as I am reading the first book... and I actually was "sneak-reading" the second book... I REALLY have not cracked this book open yet.  I am sure though (foreshadowing at it's very best here folks!) that I am going to have some very cool things to say about this book in the future at which time I will either pre-sneak read, sneak-read, or actually read this book!

HOLY COW, I just read the description that I have linked right up there... and I DID ALREADY BEGIN this book too.... is anyone controlling my reading habits at all??? I am not making this up... this is live coverage people!!!!   How many books can one person read at once?  (A BUNCH if you are me!!!!)

I am SO EXCITED to read this book!  The first couple of pages have me sucked right in COMPLETELY!!!!  I AM at the point where she just left work and we don't know how many days her cool assistant (that she just gave professional coffee to) will be covering her job for her.... (see I DO know what I am talking about!!!!)

More soon.... or at least more "eventually" given the number of pots I am stirring... or have my hands in... or whatever....

I will, without spoiler alerting ANYTHING, tell you more when I am done reading these... Nevermind that....  I just have to say I will probably actually not tell you ANYTHING more because I HATE SPOILER ALERTS SO BAD THAT.....

When I am at the movies, and a movie preview comes on for a movie that I KNOW that I am going to love... I actually close my eyes super tight and plug my ears for the whole thing (and hum to self to cover sound)... which is hard because each preview is about 15 minutes long! If I wanted to SEE THE MOVE before I SEE THE MOVE... I would have gone to SEE THE MOVIE! : )

So I guess what I am saying is that THESE BOOKS ARE TOTALLY AWESOME AND YOU SHOULD READ FOR YOURSELVES TO FIND OUT...  This is true because I know books and if  they were dumb I would have already tossed them aside.  They have each passed my very thorough beginning inspection... which, as we have discovered, means that (unbeknownst to me) I actually STARTED READING THEM ALL!

Don't forget to check out these books!
     
THANKS again to  Howard Books - Simon & Schuster (clicky link)

Have a lovely day!


Facebook is fun! ~ Poemify Me by Karrlin Bain


11 comments:

  1. Karrlin! How EXCITING!!! Do you follow Glennon on Momastery.com? Really wonderful writing. She is one amazing soul! Happy Reading is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I did not know that she had that site. Thank you so much for sharing it with me and for dropping in to check out my blog! Have a wonderful November! ~Karrlin

      Delete
  2. Karrlin...your enthusiasm is wildly contagious!!! Just found you from your wonderful comment over at Im A Late Bloomer and can't wait to keep reading!!! Loving the energy your blog brings!!! xo
    Heather
    www.flawedisthenewfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather I am so happy to meet you! I love your Nov. 1 blog post about your garage!!!! Flawed is the new Fabulous

      Glad to be friends!
      <3
      ~Karrlin

      Delete
  3. Karrlin, what exciting news! How so very, very, very cool!!! I am super excited for you!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I hope your Nov. is off to an excellent start!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Karrlin! You have so much energy, they were wise to find you. You have a spark and you do pass that on! June Maddox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June thanks for popping over! Thank you for your encouragement! <3

      Delete
  5. That's so cool! And yay for not spoiling the plot, I dislike when I read reviews and they give away the whole book lol it kind of breaks my heart! Thank you for linking up to Followers to Friend's blog hop, I hope you met some cool new bloggy friends :)
    Happy Halloween x

    P.S. Shabby Apple are giving away a dress on my blog if you want to enter! http://www.sweetpeasylvie.com/2012/11/im-stylish-breastfeeding-mama-shabby.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Sylvia! I love Shabby Apple (so cute!!!!) and I have to get on the ball with my Followers to Friend's blog hop! I am on it right now. Glad to meet a fellow spoiler-disliker! : )

      Delete
  6. Always happy to encounter another enthusiastic reader (and your enthusiasm has me wanting to read all of these books!) And yes, you can definitely read more than one book at a time! I believe I have 4 on the go at the moment (it was 6 but I managed to finish two in the last few days....) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments!
; )
Have a blessed day!
Karrlin